Dr. Kathleen Poston, a movement disorder specialist at Stanford with extensive experience with MSA, will address these topics:
* What are considered normal cognitive problems in MSA?
* Can "cognitive impairment" be part of MSA?
* Can "dementia" be part of MSA? (What about the diagnostic criteria?)
* Are there symptoms that can mimic dementia?
* When should a diagnosis of "Lewy body dementia" be given?
* Does it make a difference?
* What's the treatment for cognitive problems in MSA?
The host is Candy Welch, leader of Brain Support Network's MSA caregiver support group. Her late husband Bob had MSA (confirmed through brain donation).
There will be time for audience questions on MSA, with a priority given to questions on MSA and cognition.