The second roundtable will focus on the importance of self-care and family care. The discussion will ask three questions:
1. Why are self-care and healing so important yet so difficult?
2. What are culturally responsive strategies to support well-being?
3. What are key approaches for self-care during this period of the COVID pandemic and increasing anti-Asian hate crimes and incidents?
● Understand the importance of self-care and the cultural factors that make it difficult to engage in such.
● Identify creative solutions to engaging in self-care, including the use of cultural practices and a whole-health approach to improve care for the body, mind, and spirit.
● Gain an understanding of the importance of developing a strong cultural identity as an important self-care strategy when faced with racism, colonization, and other forms of oppression.